April 26, 2021
Dear Bacich Families,
There are lots of exciting things happening at Bacich. Please read on for updates on this week and beyond.
- Current staff, former staff and friends of Geoff Chin got together and made a beautiful dedication movie about Geoff, with a purpose. We showed the video in classes this morning and students are already excited about the eggs and caterpillars they have in class as well as planting milkweed seeds, all in the honor of Geoff Chin and his love for science and butterflies. Watch the video to learn more about the projects your children are doing.
- Missed the Principal Chat on Social Justice Curriculum last week? Don’t worry! Here is the recording of the chat as well as the slide deck with links to curriculum and videos.
- 4th Grade Promotion will be held outside in the field this year following the safety guidelines set before us by the CDPH and Marin Public Health. We are planning for this now and will keep you posted as the details develop.
- A new crosswalk has been created at Sir Francis Drake and Wolfe Grade and opens today. We continue to support students using the overpass for the safest way to and from school.
- We will begin building next year’s classes in May. Teachers have had the opportunity to get to know your child in many different ways. When we build classes, we take into consideration several different factors: academic progress, social emotional needs, gender ratios and learning styles. Our goal is to create sound class profiles to be taught by any teacher. I trust our teachers’ expertise to make strong and cohesive classes for next fall. However, we acknowledge that there may be some special circumstances that we are not aware of that might help us place your child successfully. If this is the case, please drop me a note or email before May 3 so we can include your input (please do not identify a specific teacher, only attributes/needs of your child). Thank you!
Have a great week,
Mary Ann Spitzer