Welcome to Bacich Elementary School!
- Next meeting: Monday, January 19, 2020, 3-4 p.m., Zoom
Report cards are now available for viewing in the Aeries Family Portal
- To access student report cards, log in to the Aeries Family Portal and click on Grades, then Report Card History.
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Safe Routes to School
- Safe Routes to School Family Biking Webinar, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 6-7 p.m.
- Learn how to get to school safely with these tips for Hybrid Instruction. (English | Spanish)
Hybrid Instruction and Distance Learning Information
- January 18-22, 2021: Hybrid Learning – Cohort B in-person
Distance Learning and Hybrid Instruction Planning - important resources and documents
Please be sure to commit to the KSD Community Pledge via Parent Square
COVID-19 Exposure Reporting Procedure
If a Bacich student or staff are exposed to COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19, please call the Bacich Office 415-925-2220 immediately and leave a message for Lynn Bartha detailing the following:
- Name - First and Last
- Date of Exposure or Test Positive
- Contact Information - Email or Phone Number
Designated staff will be checking messages for district sites two times daily for the duration of the break.
Marin County COVID-19 Testing
Public Health Testing – Curative: Marin County Public Health offers five-day a week community-wide Curative COVID Testing opportunities. Appointments will be opened 4 days prior to testing day. For more information click here.
Whether your family is insured or not there are free and easy testing options in our county.
- COVID-19 Decision Tree Guidance - English & Spanish Version - Know when to stay home and what to do when you or your family don't feel well or have engaged in what is categorized as a high-risk activity (e.g., any mixing of households, non-essential travel).
- Bacich School Site-Specific Protection Plan
- Bacich Distance Learning Overview
- Site-Specific Safety Protection Plan Training Module Presentation
- Student & Family Handbook COVID-19 Safety - English version
- KSD Student & Family Handbook (Tier I - Stay-at-Home Version) - Spanish version
- State Regional Stay at Home Order
- Marin Stay at Home Order
- Community Learning Hubs and Childcare
- Air Quality Information - Guidance on school activities outdoors during COVID-19 - Guidance on school activities outdoors during COVID-19
Resources and Information
- Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
- Check the Air Quality
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- Virtual Board Meeting Video Archive
- School Board Letters to the Community
- Board Meeting Highlights and Meeting Minutes Archive
Board Meeting Highlights are posted online and emailed/texted to KSD families. In these highly unusual times, we encourage you to read them closely and direct any questions or concerns to our Board President, Heather McPhail Sridharan (email@example.com) and Incoming Superintendent, Raquel Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feedback is always welcome and valued.
- January 11, 2021 Meeting Agenda and Notes
- Next meeting: March 15, 2021, 10-11 a.m.
District English Language Learners Advisory Committee meeting: February 2, 2021, 6-7 p.m.
Getting To and From Bacich Elementary School
All visitors to Bacich Elementary School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Bacich!
Local Construction Projects - Information on College of Marin and Sir Francis Drake Boulevard projects
Sir Francis Drake Boulevard Project Update – Work Winding down in the Bacich area!
Starting January 18 through the end of the month, new traffic signal poles will be installed at Laurel Grove and Wolfe Grade and once done, the old traffic signals will be removed. The pork chop island at Wolfe Grade will be removed and some medians on SFD will undergo curb improvements once the old signal poles are out. Once completed (by end of January/early February), the majority of the construction work will be moving out of the Bacich area for an indeterminate (but long) time. The water main line work will continue, moving east from College, but should not affect pedestrians/sidewalk access. Please continue to take care, allow for extra time, and pay attention to any detours.
To receive updates throughout the construction process and for more information on Upgrade the Drake, please visit the project website atwww.upgradethedrake.com.
Pedestrians Crossing College Avenue
Please remember to activate the flashing signals when using the crosswalk. During the demolition of the COM Learning Resource Center, large trucks will be entering and exiting the driveway near the crosswalk. This important safety feature is the only way vehicles exiting the driveway know that there are pedestrians in the crosswalk.
699 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 925-2220
Fax: (415) 925-2226
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on school days.