Welcome to Bacich Elementary School!
Please visit our new Distance Learning Portal
We have a new, redesigned website for support, resources, and media during the school closure.KSD Distance Learning Portal
Student Bag Pick Up
Teachers have spent this past week packing up individual student bags. They have clearly labeled each bag with the teacher’s name and the student’s name. These will be lined up along the sidewalk of the main parking lot (in front of the school) from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. on the following days and organized by teacher’s name this coming week. Teachers used protective gloves to pack their students’ belongings. We ask that you are mindful of social distancing when picking up your child’s bag.
- Kindergarten: Tuesday May 26
- Grade 1: Wednesday, May 27
- Grade 2: Thursday, May 28
- Grade 3 and 4: Friday, May 29
Virtual Office Hours with Superintendent Liz Schott, Bacich Principal Sally Peck, and Kent Principal Grant Althouse
- Weekly on Thursdays from 4-5 p.m.
- Families will receive an email, sent through Aeries, with the zoom webinar link and password.
- Virtual Office Hours Archive
Campuses close to students; Schools continue to offer meals, resources
All previously scheduled on-campus events have been canceled for the duration of the 2019-2020 school closure.
School leaders are in close contact with the County Department of Health and Human Services to obtain the most current guidance related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- April 20, 2020: Letter from School Board about maintaining social connection during distance learning.
- April 7, 2020: Letter from Superintendent on closure of school campuses in the six Bay Area counties through the end of this school year.
- April 3, 2020: School Board Letter to the Community on distance learning, equity, and access.
- Weekly Town Hall Meetings with Congressman Jared Huffman: Every Wednesday at noon Congressman Huffman will host a Facebook Live Town Hall to provide COVID-19 updates. Visit facebook.com/RepHuffman.
- California State Senator Mike McGuire is hosting Telephone Town Halls. Check his website for updates and meeting archives. https://sd02.senate.ca.gov
Resources and Information
- Due to COVID-19 precautions, all school tours have been cancelled for the remainder of this school year.
- Kindergarten Sneak Peek originally planned for May 13, 2020 is postponed until further notice.
If your TK-4th grade student will not be returning to Kentfield schools next year: please let Lynn Bartha (Bacich) at firstname.lastname@example.org know as soon as possible to help us with scheduling and staffing for the 2020-2021 school year.
If your student is currently enrolled in Kentfield schools and will be returning in the fall: you do not have to do anything to facilitate that automatic continuation process unless you have been contacted directly by your school. You will receive information about the data confirmation process in August.
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights
Letters to the Community
- May 8, 2020: Introduction of Superintendent finalist Raquel Rose.
- May 7, 2020: Rescission of 2.5 layoff notices, update on Bacich class size, and gratitude during Teacher Appreciation Week.
Nov 3, 2020 School Board Election
Marin County School Board elections are scheduled to be held on November 3, 2020 as part of the general election. The terms of School Board members Quoc Tran and David Riedel end in November. David has committed to run and Quoc remains undecided. Parties interested in learning more about running for one of the seats will find information on the Marin County Elections website. Note that there are county registration deadlines in the summer (July 13 - August 7) so it is not too early to start considering this option if you are interested.
If you want to learn more about the role of a School Board Trustee, please review the documents in the overview packet linked below that Superintendent Liz Schott and Board President Heather McPhail Sridharan presented during the May 19th Prospective Board Member Orientation. Please feel free to reach out to any current KSD Trustee or Superintendent Schott anytime with questions. We welcome all interest and involvement.
School Board Information Overview Packet
- School Board Responsibilities
- Governance Team Norms
- Learn About California School Boards
- The Role and Function of California's School Boards
- Professional Governance Standards
- Kentfield School District's Local Control and Accountability Plan
- Kentfield School District's Strategic Plan
Kentfield School District Board of Trustees Meeting Live Video
We are providing virtual access to a Board Meeting. Comments will not be monitored during the meeting, but may be responded to in the coming days.
- Click here for the Board Meeting Live Video.
Kentfield School District Board of Trustees Meeting Video en Vivo
Estamos haciendo acceso virtual a una reunión de la Junta. Los comentarios no serán monitoreados durante la reunión, pero pueden ser respondidos en los próximos días.
- Haga clic aquí para ver el Video en Vivo.
- Discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Bacich! Find your neighborhood route and Safe Routes to School neighborhood captain to plan your eco-friendly school transportation for the new school year.