Welcome to Bacich Elementary School!
New Principal Search
Please contribute your thoughts on who the school's next leader should be by completing this short form.
A committee of teachers, school staff, administrators, and parents is needed to paperscreen and interview the top candidates, and to recommend a final choice to the School Board. If you are interested in participating on this committee, please email Superintendent Liz Schott. Committee membership requires at least three full days, so please take that into consideration prior to volunteering to help.
Bacich Garden Volunteers
We are looking for a team of parents to help staff the garden during lunch recess on Tuesdays (1st/3rd) and Thursdays (2nd/4th) from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
We are blessed with a beautiful garden space at Bacich, but currently the only time the garden is able to be open at lunch recess is on Mondays during Garden Club. More than one adult is needed to supervise the garden, and because staff supervises other areas at that time, parent volunteers working alongside staff is the only way the school can safely open the garden for free play.
Thank you for considering volunteering. Sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/bacichgardenplayvolunteers
Current 4th Grade Families: Incoming Kent 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
Bacich now offers morning supervision starting at 7:30 a.m. for our school families who may need it.
2019-2020 School-Wide Volunteer Opportunities
Please join us and volunteer for one or more of these roles. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions on role and/or time commitments. Thank you for all you do for our school!
These volunteer roles are school-wide. For classroom-specific opportunities, please contact your lead room parent.
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Special Board Meeting, 3-6 p.m., District Office
Wednesday February 26, 2020
- Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- 4th Grade Gold Country Parent Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich
- First meeting of the Technology Committee of the Board has been postponed - date to be determined.
Thursday, February 27, 2020
- 3rd Grade Winter Concert, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Bacich Community Center
Monday, March 2, 2020
- Bacich Site Council Meeting, 3-5 p.m., Bacich Office Conference Room
- KSPTA Jamba Juice order deadline.
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- DELAC Meeting, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Bacich ELAC Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 12
Monday, March 9, 2020
- KSPTA Meeting, 8:30-10 a.m., Bacich Room 33
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- KSPTA Community Education: Child Disrupted Film and Panel Discussion, 7-8:30 p.m., Kent MP Room
Resources and Information
Next Meeting: Monday, March 2, 2020, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Office Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend. Please join us.
- Bacich ELAC Meeting, Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 12
- Summer Camp Scholarship Assistance with PTA
- Class placement advocacy
- Leadership positions available
School Board and District Committees
- The Kentfield School District Board of Trustees engaged in the difficult work of identifying $1 million in expenditure reductions for the 2020-21 school year. Read about the process and results here.
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. in the Kent Library
- Meeting begins at 3:30 p.m., budget discussion begins at 5 p.m.
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights - January 14, 2020
Safety Committee Meeting - Postponed
- The Wednesday, January 29, 2020 has been postponed. The new date will be posted here.
Technology Committee of the Board- Postponed
- New date to be determined.
- Come to the first meeting of the School Board's new Technology Committee. All interested parents and staff are welcome.
- DELAC meeting, Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 2020, 5:45-7:30 p.m., Bacich Library
- 5:45-6 p.m. dinner, 6-7 p.m. meeting
- School-age child care available.
- Tuesday, April 14, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
A new security fence restricts access to our campus during school hours, and all visitors and volunteers will gain access through the gate in front of the main office or with a FOB device to access campus from the McAllister neighborhood. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office. Additional security measures will be shared as our year unfolds.
- There are no parent/community member parking spots on campus during school hours, except for four ADA permit parking spots and 2 EV spots for community members who need them. Bacich has 14 parking spots for 65 staff members.
- Bacich families may park along along Sir Francis Drake Boulevard fronting the school or in the McAllister neighborhood when coming to campus. Please be mindful of parking restrictions.
- Parents must get a FOB at the District Office to enter campus gates during school hours. Limit (1) FOB per family.
Carline will begin at 7:55 a.m. and is available in both the main parking lot and the kindergarten parking lot. The playground opens at 8:00 a.m. each day for Grade TK–4 students. Staff will supervise the playground begining at 7:30 a.m.
- September 16, 2019 – June 12, 2020: 1:10 p.m.
- All Wednesdays: 12:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Grades 1 & 2: 2:20 p.m.
- Grades 3 & 4: 2:53 p.m.
- Grades 1 & 2: 12:15 p.m.
- Grades 3 & 4: 12:30 p.m.
A new security fence restricts access to our campus during school hours, and all visitors and volunteers will gain access through the gate in front of the main office or with a FOB device to access campus from the McAllister neighborhood.
- A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office. Additional security measures will be shared as our year unfolds.
- Families can gain access to campus through the school office.
- To enter/exit campus from McAllister Avenue during the school day, a FOB device is necessary. FOBs can be picked up at the Kentfield School District, which is located at 750 College Avenue. Please make an appointment with Patty Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the FOB device. Limit (1) FOB per family.
Parking at Bacich
There are no parent/community member parking spots on campus during school hours, except for four ADA permit parking spots and 2 EV spots for community members who need them. Bacich has 14 parking spots for 65 staff members.
Bacich families may park along along Sir Francis Drake Boulevard fronting the school or in the McAllister neighborhood when coming to campus. Please be mindful of parking restrictions.
We ask that all members of our school community be particularly respectful and mindful of our neighbors.
Please visit our Safe Routes to School page to learn more how to get to school without using a car.
New Parking Regulations on Acacia Avenue
To make this busy thoroughfare more walker and biker friendly, new parking restrictions will be put into place on the south side of Acacia (Lilac to McAllister) and north side of Acacia (Lilac to Rosebank) from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. on school days.
- Discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Bacich! Find your neighborhood route and Safe Routes to School neighborhood captain to plan your eco-friendly school transportation for the new school year.
Become Your Safe Routes to School Neighborhood Captain!
Do you enjoy getting out of your car and helping your neighbors do the same? SRTS is looking for new Neighborhood Captains to join the force (especially in Greenbrae, Berens, and Murray Park). Please contact Safe Routes Coordinator, Tanya Vernitsky if interested.