Welcome to Bacich Elementary School!
KSD School Lunch Program | Bacich and Kent – October Menu Now Posted
Monday, September 26, 2022
- Rosh Hashanah - no homework
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Parents in Action, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Bacich Room 7
Thursday, September 29, 2022
- KSD Family Resource Night, 5:30-7 p.m., download flyer (English & Spanish version), Bacich Community Center
Monday, October 3, 2022
- KSPTA meeting, 7-8 p.m.
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Governance Workshop, 8-10 a.m.
- District English Learning Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, 5-6 p.m.
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Yom Kippur - No School
Please contact Lynn Bartha email@example.com with any registration questions.
- Incoming Kindergarten students will need to turn 5 years of age by September 1, 2022.
- Incoming Universal Transitional Kindergarten students will need to turn 5 years of age between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023.
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
Health and Safety Updates
The Marin County Public Health continues to enforce the Marin County SMARTER Schools Plan for the 2022-2023 school year, this is the same plan that was implemented at the conclusion of the 2021-2022 school year.
Marin County Public Health is urging COVID testing for symptomatic individuals, exposure and/or high risk activity. Here is guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) specifying situations in which to test. Families are urged to have test kits in the home, which can be obtained from the school offices during regular school hours or at local pharmacies.
If you test positive please report to Laurel Yrun at firstname.lastname@example.org, no need to report negative test results. The KSD will continue to reference Marin County’s Public Health’s Isolation, Quarantine, and Travel Guidance for TK-12 Schools to address COVID exposure.
COVID-19 Tests: www.findacovidtest.org for up to date information on where antigen tests may be available.
Resources and Information
School Lunch Information: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Marin County Office of Education Extreme Weather Information – Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
District Policy on Sexual Harassment
Integrated Pest Management
District Policy on Parent Classroom Visits
Uniform Complaint Procedures
School Board and District Committees
Regular School Board Meeting: Tuesday, October 11, 2022, 5-8 p.m.
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- Board Meeting Schedule & Agendas (from March 16, 2022 to present)
- Board Meeting Agenda Archive (March 11, 2008 – March 8, 2022)
Visit the School Board page for the archived videos of board meetings, letters to the community, agendas, and minutes.
- District English Learning Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, October 4, 2022, 5-6 p.m.
- Technology Committee meeting, October 12, 4-5 p.m.
Rewarding Job Opportunities
CURRENT KSD OPENINGS
Are you interested in part time work in a school setting? Do you enjoy working with small groups of students?
If so there are two ways you can engage in this type of work. Apply for an open Classroom Paraprofessional position or sign up to be a substitute for the Kentfield School District. We need to build our pool of paraprofessionals and substitute teachers. If you are interested in either of these roles please reach out to email@example.com or follow the directions below.
Be a KSD Substitute for the 2022-2023
On Tuesday, May 17th the KSD hosted a brief meeting for interested KSD community members to become substitutes for their child's school. We are looking for substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, yard supervisors and office support staff.
Getting To and From Bacich Elementary School
Important Information About New Crosswalk Near Bacich
A new crosswalk has been created at Sir Francis Drake and Wolfe Grade and opens today. We continue to support students using the overpass for the safest way to and from school.
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
- Learn more at Safe Routes.
Here are the neighborhood route maps from Safe Routes to Schools.
Safe Routes to School Safety Tips
All visitors to Bacich Elementary School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Bacich!