Welcome to Bacich Elementary School!
Student Vaccination Verification – Deadline Approaching, October 1
In alignment with Public Health guideline #30, the KSD is requesting vaccination verification of all students who have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Parents/Guardians may submit verification digitally HERE.
The KSD staff will be proactively confirming vaccination to publicly post KSD’s student COVID vaccine rate no later than October 1, 2021. Please note that no personal identifiable information will be shared.
COVID Communication Exposure & KSD COVID Dashboard:
The Kentfield School District is following protocols from the Marin County Office of Education and the Marin County Department of Health and Human Services for scenarios and actions related to COVID-19 exposures and cases.
The Marin Schools Public Health COVID-19 Exposure Protocols for various scenarios can be found HERE. We recognize the situation with COVID-19 continues to adjust, thus KSD will update processes and procedures accordingly. Please reference the Marin County Decision Tree for Vaccinated and Unvaccinated individuals for additional guidance. To reference exposure cases for the KSD visit our KSD Dashboard webpage.
All on-campus volunteers must be vaccinated.
If you are volunteering on campus working with children in any capacity, please complete the KSD’s vaccination verification process before you come to campus.
Save The Date
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Thursday, September 23, 2021
- English Learner Family Resource Night, 6-7 p.m., in-person
Sunday, September 26
- KIK Family Fun Day, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- LCAP/Strategic Plan Committee meeting, 4-5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- Bacich Principal Chat, 8:45-9:45 a.m.
Thursday, September 30, 2021
- KSD Annual Calendar Meeting (2022-23), 3:45-4:45 p.m., Zoom
Friday, October 1, 2021
- Student Vaccine Verification Due
- Kent Principal Coffee, 8:45-10 a.m.
Save the Date: International Walk to School Day – Wednesday, October 6
Parents, please tell your students to “Get Their Move On!”
If they Walk, Bike, or Skate to School on Wednesday, October 6, they can enter a raffle for prizes — Tommy Breeze hats and Tuttimelon Gift cards! If you live too far, drive part way, PARK and let them WALK 10 minutes to campus. Walking and Biking is good for their health, it reduces pollution and traffic, and it’s FUN!
Event sponsored by Safe Routes to Schools
Health and Safety Updates
Student Vaccination Verification
In alignment with Public Health guideline #30, the KSD is requesting vaccination verification of all students who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Parents/Guardians may submit verification digitally HERE. The KSD staff will be proactively confirming vaccination to publicly post KSD’s student COVID vaccine rate no later than Oct. 1, 2021, please note that no personal identifiable information will be shared.
Marin Public Health New School Status Dashboard
An updated schools dashboard was unveiled on September 3, and differentiates between schools that have fully reopened to in-person instruction, schools that are closed for operation reasons (power outage, etc.), and schools which are closed due to an outbreak.
Marin Public Health Decision Tree
- Vaccinated individuals (English and Spanish version), updated Aug. 30, 2021
- Unvaccinated/partially vaccinated individuals (English and Spanish version), updated Aug. 30, 2021
Vaccine Opportunities for 12-15 year old students
- Information Flyer
- Overview of Vaccine Opportunities for 12-15 year old students (English and Spanish)
- Emergency Use Authorization Fact Sheet for Pfizer Vaccination (English and Spanish)
- Vaccine Consent Forms (English and Spanish)
District Policy on Sexual Harassment
Integrated Pest Management
District Policy on Parent Classroom Visits
Uniform Complaint Procedures
Resources and Information
School Lunch Information: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Marin County Office of Education Extreme Weather Information – Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
Visit the School Board page for the archived videos of board meetings, letters to the community, agendas, and minutes.
District Committees - KSD Committee Solicitation Form Due, September 17, 2021
- Equity & Inclusion Committee: September 21, 2021, 4-5 p.m., agenda
- LCAP/Strategic Plan Committee Meeting: September 28, 2021, 4-5 p.m.
- Annual Calendar Meeting (2022-23): September 30, 2021, 3:45-4:45 p.m.
- Equity & Inclusion Committee: September 21, 2021, 4-5 p.m.
- Board Finance Committee meeting: October 19, 4-5 p.m.
- Board Technology Committee meeting: October 13, 4-5 p.m.
Please contact Lynn Bartha email@example.com with any registration questions.
- Incoming Kindergarten students will need to turn 5 before September 2, 2021.
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
Rewarding Job Opportunities
CURRENT KSD OPENINGS
Are you interested in part time work in a school setting? Do you enjoy working with small groups of students?
If so there are two ways you can engage in this type of work. Apply for an open Classroom Paraprofessional position or sign up to be a substitute for the Kentfield School District. We need to build our pool of paraprofessionals and substitute teachers. If you are interested in either of these roles please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the directions below.
Getting To and From Bacich Elementary School
Important Information About New Crosswalk Near Bacich
A new crosswalk has been created at Sir Francis Drake and Wolfe Grade and opens today. We continue to support students using the overpass for the safest way to and from school.
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
- Learn more at Safe Routes.
Here are the neighborhood route maps from Safe Routes to Schools.
Safe Routes to School Safety Tips
All visitors to Bacich Elementary School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Bacich!
699 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 925-2220
Fax: (415) 925-2226
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on school days.