Welcome to Bacich Elementary School!
Please visit our new Distance Learning Portal
We have a new, redesigned website for support, resources, and media during the school closure.KSD Distance Learning Portal
Board Meeting Highlights – June 23rd highlights now posted.
Board Meeting Highlights are posted online and emailed/texted to KSD families. In these highly unusual times, we encourage you to read them closely and direct any questions or concerns to our Board President, Heather McPhail Sridharan (email@example.com) and Incoming Superintendent, Raquel Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feedback is always welcome and valued.
Marin County Office of Education Releases Guidelines for School in the Fall 2020 (posted 6/18/2020)
- Health and Education Officials Chart Course for Safe, In-Classroom Learning
- A Public Health Guided Return to Site-Based Classroom Instruction (Spanish language version)
- Website: Rethinking Schools: A Public Health Guided Return to Site-Based Classroom Instruction in the Age of COVID-19
Upcoming schedule of future weekly school community public health discussions that will cover portions of the Guidelines:
- July 9 at 9 a.m.: Zoom link or Facebook
- July 16 at 9 a.m.: Zoom link or Facebook
- July 23 at 9 a.m.: Zoom link or Facebook
***Para escuchar la discusión en español, marque (866) 866-2244 y entra 6292696#
Virtual Office Hours with Superintendent Raquel Rose
- Weekly on Thursdays from 4-5 p.m.
- Families will receive an email, sent through Aeries, with the zoom webinar link and password.
- Virtual Office Hours Archive
Local Construction Projects - Information on College of Marin and Sir Francis Drake Boulevard projects
Pedestrians Crossing College Avenue
Please remember to activate the flashing signals when using the crosswalk. During the demolition of the COM Learning Resource Center, large trucks will be entering and exiting the driveway near the crosswalk. This important safety feature is the only way vehicles exiting the driveway know that there are pedestrians in the crosswalk.
All previously scheduled on-campus events have been canceled until further notice.
School leaders are in close contact with the County Department of Health and Human Services to obtain the most current guidance related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Weekly Town Hall Meetings with Congressman Jared Huffman: Every Wednesday at noon Congressman Huffman will host a Facebook Live Town Hall to provide COVID-19 updates. Visit facebook.com/RepHuffman.
- California State Senator Mike McGuire is hosting Telephone Town Halls. Check his website for updates and meeting archives. https://sd02.senate.ca.gov
Resources and Information
If your TK-4th grade student will not be returning to Kentfield schools next year: please let Lynn Bartha (Bacich) at email@example.com know as soon as possible to help us with scheduling and staffing for the 2020-2021 school year.
If your student is currently enrolled in Kentfield schools and will be returning in the fall: you do not have to do anything to facilitate that automatic continuation process unless you have been contacted directly by your school. You will receive information about the data confirmation process in August.
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
Getting To and From Bacich Elementary School
All visitors to Bacich Elementary School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Bacich!
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights
- Virtual Board Meeting Video Archive
Nov 3, 2020 School Board Election
Marin County School Board elections are scheduled to be held on November 3, 2020 as part of the general election. The terms of School Board members Quoc Tran and David Riedel end in November. David has committed to run and Quoc remains undecided. Parties interested in learning more about running for one of the seats will find information on the Marin County Elections website. Note that there are county registration deadlines in the summer (July 13 - August 7) so it is not too early to start considering this option if you are interested.
If you want to learn more about the role of a School Board Trustee, please review the documents in the overview packet linked below that were presented during the May 19th Prospective Board Member Orientation. Please feel free to reach out to any current KSD Trustee or Superintendent Rose anytime with questions. We welcome all interest and involvement.
- School Board Information Overview Packet
To receive kik communications, please complete this form.